Female Rhinoplasty Surgery in Lahore | Karachi | Islamabad | Rhinoplasty
Female Rhinoplasty Surgery: Dr Azim J Khan believes that having a rhinoplasty as a female is a very individual decision. Having a rhinoplasty can greatly enhance the aesthetics of your face. Many women feel that their nose is overly prominent, large or bent. This can lead to a feeling of people always looking at their nose. With subtle changes to the nose these disfigurements can be corrected. The result of the rhinoplasty is a nose that blends into the rest of the face.
No two noses are the same and Dr Azim J Khan understands that the desires of patients may differ significantly. For this reason Dr Azim J Khan will tailor the rhinoplasty to suit your requirements, allowing you to choose what you would like to be changed. To give you a better idea of what these changes will be Dr Azim J Khan is able to perform pre operative image modification.
There are many reasons why patients might feel they would like to have a rhinoplasty. Common achievable goals of a female rhinoplasty include:
- Make the nose straighter
- Remove a nasal hump
- Make the nose smaller
- Refine a large nasal tip
Almost everyone has some degree of bend in their nose. For some people this is subtle and can be hidden with makeup, however for others it can be a cause of feeling as though people are always looking at their nose.
There are 2 main reasons why you may have a bent nose. Firstly females may have broken their nose at some stage, usually playing sport. Secondly the nose may have developed with a bend on it, which is very common. You may find that other family members have a similar bend on their nose.
No two noses are the same and when you see Dr Azim J Khan ensure that you address all of your concerns in relation to your nose. He will tailor the operation for you to ensure that you have a procedure that gives you a natural appearance to the nose.
Straightening the nose is different for every patient but the general steps include:
- Combination osteotomies of nasal bones
- Refracture nasal bones to the midline
- Septoplasty [Straighten cartilage in middle of nose]
- Cartilage graft harvest
- Structural cartilage grafts to support the nose in midline
- Refine tip to midline
- Bilateral turbinoplasty [Decrease scrolls of tissue inside nose]
- Camouflage grafts to mask contour of nose
There are several examples of rhinoplasties for straightening a nose in the gallery for your perusal.
Almost everyone has some degree of a nasal hump. It is a very common request to want to have a nasal hump reduced to decrease the prominence of your nose. Many people find that having a nasal hump runs in their family with many of their relatives having a large hump on their nose.
Reducing the nasal hump is called a hump reduction. Historically a hump reduction involved giving a patient what is now called a ski jump nose, which has obviously been operated on. Dr Azim J Khan feels that an obvious ski jump is not a natural look and is not done unless specifically requested. Now the goal of the operation is to perform a hump reduction, which gives a natural look to the nose.
The degree of hump reduction required varies between patients. Dr Azim J Khan is able to perform pre operative image modification to ensure that you can tell him how much of a hump reduction you would like to have performed.
Reducing a nasal hump differs between patients but the general steps of the operation include:
- Osteotomy removal of hump
- Combination osteotomies to narrow nose if required
- Combination rasping to smooth new nasal surface
- Septoplasty [Straighten cartilage between left and right nostrils]
- Cartilage harvest for grafting
- Graft placement to strengthen nose
- Bilateral turbinoplasty [Reduce scrolls of tissue inside nose]
- Refine tip if required
- Camouflage grafting to provide contouring to nose
Many females feel their nose is too large for their face. Having a large nose can detract from other natural beauty such as you eyes or smile because you feel that people are always looking at your nose.
People who feel they have a large nose may have one or many of the following features:
- Wide nose
- Nasal tip sticks out too far
- Nasal tip is droopy
- Large boxy nasal tip
Having a large nose differs between people and it is important that you tell Dr Azim J Khan what you would like to have changed. Dr Azim J Khan is also able to perform pre operative image modification to ensure that you can see what will be changed.
Decreasing the size of the nose varies significantly between patients. Some of the techniques that may be used include:
- Hump reduction
- Narrow nose with combination osteotomies
- Cantilevered spreader grafts
- Lateral crural turn in flaps
- Lateral crural repositioning
- Lateral crural steal
- Reducing tip of nose which sticks out too far [Deprojection procedure]
- Reducing droopiness of nose [Rotation procedure]
- Reducing large boxy tip
Refining the tip of the nose is a true art form. The nasal tip differs dramatically between patients. Common complaints of women who want to have a tip refinement include:
- Large boxy tip
- Twisted tip
- Droopy tip
- Tip sticks too far out from face
- Tip has multiple convexities and concavities
- Tip collapses on breathing
Tip refinement is a very individual procedure and it is important that you discuss what you would like to have changed with Dr Azim J Khan.
The procedure of tip refinement differs between patients. Some of the techniques that may be used in tip refinement are as follows:
- Lateral crural turn in flaps
- Lateral crural steal
- Lateral crural strut grafts
- Dome division
- Lateral crural overlap procedure
- Domal defining sutures
- Interdomal sutures
- Decrease amount tip sticks out from face [Deprojection procedures]
- Decrease droopiness of tip [Rotation procedures]
- Camouflage grafting
To further discuss having any of these procedures make an appointment with Dr Azim J Khan.